<MP>Thursday, 30 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:09:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may
boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."  1 Corinthians 13:3

One secret of abundant living is the art of giving.  The paradox of life is
that the more we give, the more we have.  If we lose our lives in the
service of others, we will save it.  We can give abundantly and so live
abundantly.  We are rich in one respect--we have a spirit that is
inexhaustible.  We need let no mean or selfish thought keep us from sharing
this spirit.  Of love, of help, of understanding, and of sympathy, we can
give and keep giving.  We can give our personal ease and comfort, our time,
our money, and most of all ourselves.  And we will be living abundantly.

I pray that I may live to give.  I pray that I may learn the secret of
abundant living.

Patty asks prayers for a friend whose cancer is growing, that he receive
healing and comfort for himself and his family. A member asks for prayers
for a friend who was wrongly accused at work and that the issue be resolved
swiftly. Tara requests prayers for her daughter who is having problems with
friends that God will intervene and help them make peace so she won't be so
upset.

Gwen asks prayers for three intentions. Mary requests prayers  for guidance
from God to know and accept His will for her life relationship. Sue asks for
prayers for her mother-in-law who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer.
Sherry requests prayers of thanksgiving for the soldiers of the 3/2 SBCT,
out of Ft Lewis, who are finally coming home!

Lynda asks for your prayers to help her to be strong in quitting smoking.
Jan requests prayers for good results from her husband's biopsy on
Wednesday. Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Ina ask prayers
for someone who will be taking exam for certification. Pavitra asks prayers
for a dear friend who lost everything in the SW Wisconsin flood.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.