<MP>Friday, 31 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:36:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not
be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given
to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be
put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get
back."  ~Luke 6:37-38

We can try not to give way to criticism, blame, scorn or judgment of others,
when we are trying to help them.  Effectiveness in helping others depends on
controlling ourselves.  We may be swept away by a temporary natural urge to
criticize or blame, unless we keep a tight rein on our emotions.  We can
have a firm foundation of spiritual living which makes us truly humble, if
we are going to really help other people.  We can go easy on them and be
hard on ourselves.  That is the way we can be used most to uplift a
despairing spirit.  We need not seek personal recognition for what we are
used by God to accomplish.

I pray that I may try to avoid judgment and criticism.  I pray that I may
always try to build up others instead of tearing them down.

Tina asks prayers for a special intention. PJ requests prayers for a 3 year
old with Down Syndrome who was recently diagnosed with cancer. Nancy asks
prayers while she is trying to get pregnant.

Therese asks for prayers for her family who is struggling financially. Anna
Jane asks prayers for a special intention. Miriam requests prayers for her
friend who is having abdominal surgery to reduce a cancerous tumor.