<MP>Wednesday, 29 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:56:11 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"And the one who was seated on the throne said, 'See, I am making all things
new.'  Also he said, 'Write this, for these words are trustworthy and
true.'"  ~Revelation 21:5

We can breathe in the inspiration of goodness and truth.  It is the spirit
of honesty, purity, unselfishness and love.  It is readily available if we
are willing to accept it wholeheartedly.  God has given us two things--God's
spirit and the power of choice--to accept or not, as we will.  We have the
gift of free will.  When we choose the path of selfishness and greed and
pride, we can refuse to accept God's spirit. When we choose the path of love
and service, we can accept God's spirit and it can flow into us and makes
all things new.

I pray that I may choose the right way.  I pray that I may try to follow it
to the end.

Yvette asks prayers for her mother to recover and be relieved of pain from
her surgery. Suzanne requests prayers for her son Tim who is starting at a
new school and is painfully shy. Joanne asks for prayers for her husband who
has cancer, so that he may gain strength for surgery in 3 weeks.

Marei-Thérèse asks prayers that she and her husband can improve their
relationship and live peacefully. Barbara requests prayer's for a friend's 2
year old grandson who will have open heart surgery on August 30 that it is a
complete success. A member requests prayers for her boyfriend's father who
has a colonoscopy that he receive good results.

Agnes asks for prayers for a friend who has been relapsing from drug and
alcohol addictions and is losing hope. Angela asks prayers for a one year
old boy and his family as he recovers from surgery. Alphones requests
prayers for  her son who is due to get his results of 2nd semester
Engineering Course.

Member Sandy request prayers for a co-worker who needs immediate housing and
guidance to find God in his life. Lynn asks prayers for her sister-in-law
who is having a very difficult time at work, that all the pressure will ease
and the work will be done quickly.