<MP>Thursday, 29 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:02:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Narcissus of Jerusalem (d. 215)
Life in second- and third-century Jerusalem couldn't have been easy, but St.
Narcissus managed to live well beyond 100. Some even speculate he lived to
160. Details of his life are sketchy, but there are many reports of his
miracles. The miracle for which he is most remembered was turning water into
oil for use in the church lamps on Holy Saturday when the deacons had
forgotten to provide any. We do know that Narcissus became bishop of
Jerusalem in the late second century. He was known for his holiness, but
there are hints that many people found him harsh and rigid in his efforts to
impose church discipline. One of his many detractors accused Narcissus of a
serious crime at one point. Though the charges against him did not hold up,
he used the occasion to retire from his role as bishop and live in solitude.
His disappearance was so sudden and convincing that many people assumed he
had actually died.   For more, follow the link below:

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor present things, nor future things,
nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to
separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:31b-39

Some Pharisees came to Jesus and said, "Go away, leave this area because
Herod wants to kill you." He replied, "Go and tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast
out demons and I perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I
accomplish my purpose. Yet I must continue on my way today, tomorrow, and
the following day, for it is impossible that a prophet should die outside of
Jerusalem.'  ~Luke 13:31-35

Jesus lived fearlessly, understanding that he would have to die.  He
maintained His connections with those around him, connections that endure to
this day. As Paul says, he is convinced that nothing can separate us from
the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I pray that I may maintain a strong connection with God.  I pray that I may
fear nothing, but know that the Lord is with me to deliver me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Daisy requests prayers for someone, so that God may assist them in finding
jobs in the same state so that they can finally be together in love. Bill
asks for prayers for his grand nephew who is now with the military in
Afghanistan. Dolly asks prayer for her friend who was diagnosed with stage 4
pancreas cancer.

Darlene asks prayers for a nursing school classmate who had bilateral
mastectomies last week and is now fighting infection. Madeline asks prayers
for her sister who is having heart valve replacement surgery. Dorothy asks
prayers for a special intention.