<MP>Thursday, 24 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:11:16 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

Nativity of John the Baptist
Jesus called John the greatest of all those who had preceded him: "I tell
you, among those born of women, no one is greater than John...." But John
would have agreed completely with what Jesus added: "[Y]et the least in the
kingdom of God is greater than he" (Luke 7:28). John spent his time in the
desert, an ascetic. He began to announce the coming of the Kingdom, and to
call everyone to a fundamental reformation of life. His purpose was to
prepare the way for Jesus. His Baptism, he said, was for repentance. But One
would come who would baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire. John is not
worthy even to carry his sandals. His attitude toward Jesus was: "He must
increase; I must decrease" (John 3:30).

For more, follow this link:

It is too little, he says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes
of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel;  I will make you a light to
the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth. Isaiah
49:1-6

"No. He will be called John." But they answered her, "There is no one among
your relatives who has this name." So they made signs, asking his father
what he wished him to be called. He asked for a tablet and wrote, "John is
his name," and all were amazed. Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue
freed, and he spoke blessing God. ~Luke 1:57-66, 80

Today we celebrate the Nativity of John the Baptist. John's mission was to
prepare the way for Jesus, calling people to repentance. He was happy to
fade into the background, to decrease, as Jesus increased.

I pray that I may also prepare the way for Jesus. I pray that I may not
think so much of myself as of Him and others. I pray that He may increase
and that I may decrease.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayers for the people of Eagle, WI who were affected by the
tornado. Connie asks prayers for her friend who is waiting for the results
of her lumpectomy, we pray the results are negative. Marfa asks prayers for
a special intention.

Jill asks prayers for her daughter who is a blessing from God and who is
loved very much by her parents. Jill asks prayers for her husband who is
working out of town and is unable to see his infant daughter. Jean requests
prayers for her son and her daughter who are in need of physical and mental
healing.

A member requests prayers for her husband to be able to earn enough to pay
our bills.  Nancy from PA gives prayers of thanksgiving to the Holy Father
for naming a new bishop to lead our diocese that  Bishop-elect McFadden will
lead us in a Christ like manner and bring more souls into the Church. Nancy
from PA requests prayers for her sister who is having rotator cuff surgery
Thursday that the surgery may be successful and she may regain maximum use
of her arm and  shoulder.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse