<MP>Friday, 25 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:43:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

Blessed Jutta of Thuringia (d. 1264?)
Today's patroness of Prussia began her life amidst luxury and power but died
the death of a simple servant of the poor.
In truth, virtue and piety were always of prime importance to Jutta and her
husband, both of noble rank. The two were set to make a pilgrimage together
to the holy places in Jerusalem, but her husband died on the way. The newly
widowed Jutta, after taking care to provide for her children, resolved to
live in a manner utterly pleasing to God. She disposed of the costly
clothes, jewels and furniture befitting one of her rank, and became a
Secular Franciscan, taking on the simple garment of a religious. From that
point her life was utterly devoted to others: caring for the sick,
particularly lepers; tending to the poor, whom she visited in their hovels;
helping the crippled and blind with whom she shared her own home. Many of
the townspeople of Thuringia laughed at how the once-distinguished lady now
spent all her time. But Jutta saw the face of God in the poor and felt
honored to render whatever services she could.

Let my tongue be silenced, if I ever forget you! ~Psalm 137

He stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, "I will do it.  Be made
clean." His leprosy was cleansed immediately. ~Matthew 8:1-4

It is good for us to maintain constant contact with God.  We can trust in
His ability and willingness to help and heal us.  Like the leper in today's
Gospel, we can approach Him for help and receive all we need.

I pray that I may maintain constant contact with God.  I pray that I may
approach the Lord with confidence when I need help and healing.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen asks prayers for the people and the area affected by the oil spill in
the Gulf.  Irene asks prayers for a special intention. Rose asks prayers for
a special intention.