<MP>Thursday, 24 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:49:28 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Sharbel Makhlouf (1828-1898)
Although this saint never traveled far from the Lebanese village of
Beka-Kafra, where he was born, his influence has spread widely. Joseph
Zaroun Maklouf was raised by an uncle because his father, a mule driver,
died when Joseph was only three. At the age of 23, Joseph joined the
Monastery of St. Maron at Annaya, Lebanon, and took the name Sharbel in
honor of a second-century martyr. He professed his final vows in 1853 and
was ordained six years later.  For more, follow the link below:

This word of the LORD came to me: Go, cry out this message for Jerusalem to
hear! I remember the devotion of your youth,
how you loved me as a bride, Following me in the desert, in a land unsown.
~Jeremiah 2:1-3, 7-8, 12-13

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they
hear. Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see
what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear
it."  ~Matthew 13:10-17

Sometimes we move away from the devotion of our youth.  Things of the world
and of the flesh become more important.  We don't want to hear God's message
any more.  But we can be blessed when we return to the devotion of our
youth. God continues to call to Himself.  He has infinite patience. When we
decide, we can return.  And our eyes can be blessed because they see, and
our ears, because they hear. And life can be better for us when we draw near
the God who always longs to draw near to us.

I pray that I may become ready to draw near the God who always longs to draw
near to me.  I pray that I may return to the devotion of my youth and
experience the pure freedom of living as a child of God once more.