<MP>Wednesday 23 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:46:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Bridget (1303?-1373)
From age seven on, Bridget had visions of Christ crucified. Her visions
formed the basis for her activity-always with the emphasis on charity rather
than spiritual favors.
She lived her married life in the court of the Swedish king Magnus II.
Mother of eight children (the second eldest was St. Catherine of Sweden),
she lived the strict life of a penitent after her husband's death.  For
more, follow the link below:

But the LORD answered me, Say not, "I am too young." To whomever I send you,
you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before
them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD. ~Jeremiah 1:1,
4-10

But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or
thirtyfold. Whoever has ears ought to hear."  ~Matthew 13:1-9

It's easy for us to make excuses when it seems like the Lord is calling us
to do something.  Still, the Lord is great at cutting through those excuses.
As he said to Jeremiah, Say not, "I am too young." To whomever I send you,
you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. When we respond to
God's call we become the rich soil that produces fruit a hundred, or sixty
or thirtyfold.

I pray that, when I hear the Lord's call, I may say "Yes" rather than making
excuses.  I pray that I may be the kind of rich soil that bears fruit a
hundred, or sixty  or thirtyfold.