<MP>Thursday, 19 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:15:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S A I N T    P A T R I C K  /  S A I N T    J O S E P H
Visit my "March Saints" page for lots more about Saint Patrick (17 March)
and Saint Joseph (19 March).  Just follow the banner link!

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Joseph
The Bible pays Joseph the highest compliment: he was a "just" man. The
quality meant a lot more than faithfulness in paying debts. When the Bible
speaks of God "justifying" someone, it means that God, the all-holy or
"righteous" One, so transforms a person that the individual shares somehow
in God's own holiness, and hence it is really "right" for God to love him or
her. In other words, God is not playing games, acting as if we were lovable
when we are not.
By saying Joseph was "just," the Bible means that he was one who was
completely open to all that God wanted to do for him. He became holy by
opening himself totally to God.   For more, follow the link below:

I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. Your house and your
kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm
forever.'" ~2 Samuel 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16

When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and
took his wife into his home. ~Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24a

Today we celebrate the Feast of Joseph, Husband of Mary.  Both Joseph and
Mary had to make very difficult decisions. They both heeded the voice of the
angel, God's messenger, and said "Yes" to God.  And so Jesus was born into
the world.  Their lives would be full of both joy and sorrow, but always
with the presence of the Lord. We can be grateful for their response this
day, and for God's help in all they did to be good parents to Jesus, the
Savior of the world.

I pray that I too may make difficult decisions in order to follow God's will
in my life.  I pray that I may know that in my joys and sorrows both, God is
with me.  When I say "Yes" to God, I'll be given all the strength and
courage I need in order to carry out God's will in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Neil requests prayers for his niece who requires extraordinarily complex
surgery and has finally found a surgeon who has agreed to undertake it. Mom
asks prayers for daughter's recovery from illness and negative medical
tests. Marlene asks for prayers for her sister who will be going to Mayo
Clinic for cancer consultation, that they will be able to help her.

Marlene asks for prayers for her son that he find employment soon after
being laid off from his previous job. Lisa asks prayers for a special
intention. Lisa asks prayers for a special intention. Anne Marie asks for
prayers for her daughter  who has a bleeding ulcer and anemia, that the
stomach biopsy will be non-malignant and that that she will be healed.

Ruth is requesting prayer for her husband who has congestive heart failure
and also is in rehab recovering from a broken neck. Fran asks for prayers
that son's back to be healed.