<MP>Friday, 20 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:15:31 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Salvator of Horta (1520-1567)
A reputation for holiness does have some drawbacks. Public recognition can
be a nuisance at times-as the confreres of Salvator found out. Salvator was
born during Spain's Golden Age. Art, politics and wealth were flourishing.
So was religion. Ignatius of Loyola founded the Society of Jesus in 1540.
For more, follow the link below:

Thus says the LORD: Return, O Israel, to the LORD, your God; you have
collapsed through your guilt. ~Hosea 14:2-10

The scribe said to him, "Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, He is
One and there is no other than he. And to love him with all your heart, with
all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as
yourself is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." ~Mark
12:28-34

God calls us to return to Himself this Holy Season.  And he reminds us of
the greatest commandments ... to love God above all and to love your
neighbor as yourself.  It is well and good to say we love God above all
things, but our love for God is measured by how well we love our neighbor
... especially those who cause us the most trouble.  Although we are not
required to allow them to hurt us, we are to let go of our resentments
against them and pray that they may be healed and have good things in life.

I pray that I may return to God with all my heart.  I pray that I may love
God above all, and love my neighbor as myself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Ruth requests prayers for her granddaughter, who has a mass on her pituitary
gland. Jessica asks prayers for a fellow church worker and friend who was
fired and persecuted for things in her past. Don asks prayer for women on
retreat at St Anselm this Saturday.

Bettye requests prayers for two very special intentions. Barbara requests
prayers for special intentions and healing. Member Joselda asks prayers for
someone who was fired.

Member Cathy asks prayers for three intentions. Bev ask for prayer that her
daughter will return to health and be able to finish her nursing degree. Don
asks for prayers for his family who have physical, Spiritual and emotional
problems.