<MP>Thursday, 17 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:49:07 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Lazarus
Lazarus, the friend of Jesus, the brother of Martha and Mary, was the one
of whom the Jews said, "See how much he loved him." In their sight Jesus
raised his friend Lazarus from the dead. Legends abound about the life of
Lazarus after the death and resurrection of Jesus. He is supposed to have
left a written account of what he saw in the next world before he was
called back to life. Some say he followed Peter into Syria. Another story
is that despite being put into a leaking boat by the Jews at Jaffa, he,
his sisters and others landed safely in Cyprus. There he died peacefully
after serving as bishop for 30 years. A church was built in his honor in
Constantinople and some of his reputed relics were transferred there in
890. A Western legend has the oarless boat arriving in Gaul. There he was
bishop of Marseilles, was martyred after making a number of converts and
was buried in a cave. His relics were transferred to the new cathedral in
Autun in 1146. For more, follow the link below:

Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever. ~Psalm 72

Thus the total number of generations from Abraham to David is fourteen
generations; from David to the Babylonian exile, fourteen generations;
from the Babylonian exile to the Christ, fourteen generations. ~Matthew
1:1-17

Connections are made in today's Gospel ... 42 generations between Abraham
and Jesus. The faith of all those generations culminated in Him.  And our
faith is the culmination of untold generations since then.  As we welcome
Him into our hearts and our world we continue to take up our own place,
working for the coming of the fullness of His Kingdom. "Justice shall
flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever!"

I pray that I may appreciate my place in history and my responsibility to
help bring about the fullness of God's Kingdom.  I pray that I may live a
holy and earnest life, and strive to live my life according to His
calling.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!