<MP>Tuesday, 15 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:16:40 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Mary Frances Schervier (1819-1876)
This woman who once wanted to become a Trappistine nun was instead led by
God to establish a community of sisters who care for the sick and aged in
the United States and throughout the world. Born into a distinguished
family in Aachen (then ruled by Prussia but formerly Aix-la-Chapelle,
France), Frances ran the household after her mother?s death and
established a reputation for generosity to the poor. In 1844 she became a
Secular Franciscan. The next year she and four companions established a
religious community devoted to caring for the poor. In 1851 the Sisters of
the Poor of St. Francis (a variant of the original name) were approved by
the local bishop; the community soon spread. The first U.S. foundation was
made in 1858.
  For more, follow the link below:

But I will leave as a remnant in your midst a people humble and lowly,
Who shall take refuge in the name of the LORD: the remnant of Israel.
They shall do no wrong and speak no lies; Nor shall there be found in
their mouths a deceitful tongue; They shall pasture and couch their flocks
with none to disturb them.  ~Zephaniah 3:2-3, 9-13

He came to the first and said, Son, go out and work in the vineyard
today.? The son said in reply, ?I will not,? but afterwards he changed his
mind and went. The man came to the other son and gave the same order. He
said in reply, ?Yes, sir,? but did not go. Which of the two did his
father?s will?? They answered, ?The first.?  ~Matthew 21:28-32

We have many chances to turn back to God.  Sometimes we are selfish and
rebellious.  But we can have a change of heart and follow God's call in
our lives. When we do so, we get back on track.  God and others become
more important as our own self-will fades into the background. Lord Jesus,
Come!

I pray that I may welcome my Lord with great simplicity.  I pray that I
may allow Him to born in my heart and allow Him to work and build His
Kingdom through me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!