<MP>Friday, 18 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:43:57 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Anthony Grassi(1592-1671)
Anthony?s father died when his son was only 10 years old, but the young
lad inherited his father?s devotion to Our Lady of Loreto. As a schoolboy
he frequented the local church of the Oratorian Fathers, joining the
religious order when he was 17. Already a fine student, he soon gained a
reputation in his religious community as a "walking dictionary" who
quickly grasped Scripture and theology. For some time he was tormented by
scruples, but they reportedly left him at the very hour he celebrated his
first Mass. From that day, serenity penetrated his very being.
 For more, follow the link below:

Israel shall dwell in security. This is the name they give him:
?The LORD our justice.? ~Jeremiah 23:5-8

For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in
her. She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will
save his people from their sins.? All this took place to fulfill
what the Lord had said through the prophet: Behold, the virgin shall be
with child and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel, which means
?God is with us.? ~Matthew 1:18-25

Joseph and Mary both said "yes" to God, not knowing where that "yes" would
lead them.  We have a choice to make as well.  We can prepare a place for
the Savior to be born in our hearts  We can get ready ... then stay ready
for the Lord to come again in His glory!

I pray that I may always say "yes" to God. I pray that I may be ready for
Jesus to come again at the end of time.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!