<MP>Thursday, 15 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:48:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)
Teresa lived in an age of exploration as well as political, social and
religious upheaval. It was the 16th century, a time of turmoil and reform.
She was born before the Protestant Reformation and died almost 20 years
after the closing of the Council of Trent. The gift of God to Teresa in and
through which she became holy and left her mark on the Church and the world
is threefold: She was a woman; she was a contemplative; she was an active
reformer.   For more, follow the link below:

Does God belong to Jews alone? Does he not belong to Gentiles, too? Yes,
also to Gentiles, for God is one and will justify the circumcised on the
basis of faith and the uncircumcised through faith. ~Romans 3:21-30

Woe to you, scholars of the law! You have taken away the key of knowledge.
You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter." ~Luke
11:47-54

God loves all of us.  We can try to create a monopoly on God and point
fingers at those we don't think God should be close to.  And we'll be
frustrated.  We're called to cultivate our own close relationship with God
and work on our own weaknesses.  Then we'll lose interest in criticism and
draw others closer to God through our example.

I pray that I may not be critical of others.  I pray that I may use God's
strength to help me reform my life, and that I may lead others closer to God
through my example.