<MP>Friday, 16 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:13:20 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Marguerite d'Youville (1701-1771)
We learn compassion from allowing our lives to be influenced by
compassionate people, by seeing life from their perspective and
reconsidering our own values. Born in Varennes, Canada, Marie Marguerite
Dufrost de Lajemmerais had to interrupt her schooling at the age of 12 to
help her widowed mother. Eight years later she married Francois d'Youville;
they had six children, four of whom died young. Despite the fact that her
husband gambled, sold liquor illegally to Native Americans and treated her
indifferently, she cared for him compassionately in before his death in
1730.   For more, follow the link below:

I turn to you, Lord, in time of trouble, and you fill me with the joy of
salvation. ~Psalm 32

Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has
escaped the notice of God. Even the hairs of your head have all been
counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows." ~Luke
12:1-7

We turn to God in times of trouble and at all times, knowing His love for us
and His will to help. We can remember our great worth in the eyes of God.

I pray that I may remember to turn to God in good times and in bad.  I pray
that I can remember that I am worth more than many sparrows.