<MP>Thursday, 14 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:44:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
e-mail with different fonts and text sizes

While I was in Boston some of you appreciated the way Margie sent Morning
Prayer.  It had a different font and the text was larger.  Others of you
complained that you weren't able to read it, since you receive text-only
messages.  Morning Prayer has always been sent as "text only."  So the text
displayed is according to the default setting on your computer.  The file
size (bandwidth) is much smaller with plain text than it is with the way
Margie sent Morning Prayer.  She sent HTML (Hyper-Text Markup Language)
e-mails.  Formatting is included, the e-mail is more attractive and the text
can be specified by the sender.  Because of the limitations of bandwidth,
out of respect for those who allow us to use their server  and because many
simply despise HTML e-mail, we continue to send Morning Prayer as plain
text.

"I believe; help my unbelief!"  ~Mark 9:24

"I believe; help my unbelief!"  This cry of the human heart is an expression
of human frailty.  It signifies the soul's sincere desire for progress.  As
we feel the existence of God and God's power, we can believe in God more and
more.  At the same time, we can be more conscious of our falling short of
absolute trust in God.  The soul's progress is an increasing belief, then a
cry for more faith, a plea to conquer all unbelief, all lack of trust.  We
can believe that this cry is heard by God and that this prayer is answered
in due time.  And so our faith can grow, little by little, day by day.

I pray that with more power in my life will come more faith.  I pray that I
may come to trust God more each day.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm