<MP>Wednesday, 13 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:56:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    F R O M    B O S T O N

I'm back from Boston. My medical tests went just fine. Doctor Gragoudas says
I'm a walking miracle.  That from a man that, for the first six years said,
"It's a very large tumor. So far so good."  So this is great news.  It is
now 10 1/2 years since my eye cancer (uveal melanoma) was treated with
Proton Beam Radiation at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston. So,
it looks like I can continue to buy green bananas.  (-:  Thanks for your
prayers.  They're precious to me.  Know that you and your intentions were
very much in my prayers during my Masses and my visits to the many Churches
of Boston!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Peter approached Jesus and asked him,  'Lord, if my brother sins against
me, how often must I forgive?  As many as seven times?'  Jesus answered, "I
say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times." ~Matthew 18:21-22

When we call on God in prayer to help us overcome weakness, sorrow, pain,
discord and conflict, God never fails in some way to answer our appeal. When
we are in need of strength for ourselves or for the help of some other
person we can call on God in prayer.  The power we need can come simply,
naturally, and forcefully.  We can pray to God not only when we need help,
but also just to commune with God.  The spirit of prayer can alter an
atmosphere from one of discord to one of reconciliation.  It can raise the
quality of thought and word and bring order out of chaos.

I pray that I may bring peace where there is discord.  I pray that I may
bring conciliation where there is conflict.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm