<MP>Thursday, 10 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:17:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

Blessed Joachima (1783-1854)
Born into an aristocratic family in Barcelona, Spain, Joachima was 12 when
she expressed a desire to become a Carmelite nun. But her life took an
altogether different turn at 16 with her marriage to a young lawyer,
Theodore de Mas. Both deeply devout, they became secular Franciscans. During
their 17 years of married life they raised eight children. The normalcy of
their family life was interrupted when Napoleon invaded Spain. Joachima had
to flee with the children; Theodore, remaining behind, died. Though Joachima
reexperienced a desire to enter a religious community, she attended to her
duties as a mother. At the same time, the young widow led a life of
austerity and chose to wear the habit of the Third Order of St. Francis as
her ordinary dress. She spent much time in prayer and visiting the sick.

For more, follow this link:

It is right to praise you in Zion, O God. ~Psalm 65

Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar, and there recall that your
brother has anything against you, leave your gift there at the altar, go
first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your
gift. ~Matthew 5:20-26

We are weak people ... sometimes we hurt others, other times we are hurt.
God call us to holiness.  If we have hurt others, we're called to ask
forgiveness.  It is great when they forgive us ... but if they don't, at
least we've done our part. We need to forgive those who have harmed us as
well.

I pray that I may be a holy person.  I pray that I may ask forgives, and
grant forgiveness to others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Don requests prayers for his wife who has chronic pain and two older
children that have mental and emotional issues. Member asks for prayers for
grandson who has drinking and social problems. Marian asks prayers for a
special intention. Susanne requests prayers for special intentions. Theresa
asks prayers for a special intention.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse