<MP>Wednesday, 09 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 20:03:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

St. Ephrem  (306?-373)
Poet, teacher, orator and defender of the faith, Ephrem is the only Syrian
recognized as a doctor of the Church. He took upon himself the special task
of opposing the many false doctrines rampant at his time, always remaining a
true and forceful defender of the Catholic Church. Born in Nisibis,
Mesopotamia, he was baptized as a young man and became famous as a teacher
in his native city. When the Christian emperor had to cede Nisibis to the
Persians, Ephrem, along with many Christians, fled as a refugee to Edessa.
He is credited with attracting great glory to the biblical school there. He
was ordained a deacon but declined becoming a priest (and was said to have
avoided episcopal consecration by feigning madness!).

Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope. ~Psalm 16

Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches
others to do so will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven. But whoever
obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the Kingdom
of heaven."  ~Matthew 5:17-19

The Lord is God.  When we follow God's call in our lives, this becomes
evident.  We lead others to God by our actions and words that help others to
do the will of God.

I pray that I may follow God's call in my life.  I pray that I may lead
others toward God through my example.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Elizabeth asks prayers for her grandma, recently diagnosed with ovarian
cancer. Member Ann, asks prayers for her oldest brother, who is having
health issues, that he may be healed from them. A mother asks prayers for
two intentions. Gerry asks prayers for a special intention.  Please pray for
the priests of our Diocese during these Priest Unity Days.