<MP>Friday, 11 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:11:13 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

St. Barnabas
Barnabas, a Jew of Cyprus, comes as close as anyone outside the Twelve to
being a full-fledged apostle. He was closely associated with St. Paul (he
introduced Paul to Peter and the other apostles) and served as a kind of
mediator between the former persecutor and the still suspicious Jewish
Christians. When a Christian community developed at Antioch, Barnabas was
sent as the official representative of the Church of Jerusalem to
incorporate them into the fold. He and Paul instructed in Antioch for a
year, after which they took relief contributions to Jerusalem. Later, Paul
and Barnabas, now clearly seen as charismatic leaders, were sent by Antioch
officials to preach to the Gentiles. Enormous success crowned their efforts.
After a miracle at Lystra, the people wanted to offer sacrifice to them as
gods-Barnabas being Zeus, and Paul, Hermes-but the two said, "We are of the
same nature as you, human beings. We proclaim to you good news that you
should turn from these idols to the living God" (see Acts 14:8-18).

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. ~Psalm 23

But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ
died for us. ~Romans 5:5b-11

I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one
sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need
of repentance." ~Luke 15:3-7

We observe today the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. We are
touched by God's great love for us, and Jesus' willingness to die on the
cross for us sinners. His Sacred Heart burns with love for us as He redeems
us and calls us to Himself.

I pray that I may appreciate God's great love for me.  I pray that I may be
willing to receive forgiveness of my sins as God calls me with love to
Himself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jo Ann requests prayers so that her upcoming tests will show no health
problems. Joanne asks prayers for a special intention. Member Frances asks
prays that a problem will be resolved.