<MP>Thursday, 10 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:00:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

LOURDES / FATIMA / SPAIN
Our Pilgrimage leaves on 02 October.  A few spaces may still be available.
For complete details, follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to
guide our feet into the way of peace."  ~Luke 1:78-79

For straying from the right way there is no cure except to keep so close to
the thought of God that nothing, no other interest, can seriously come
between us and God.  Sure of that, we can stay on God's side. Knowing the
way, nothing can prevent our staying in the way and nothing can cause us to
seriously stray from it.  God has promised peace if we stay close to God,
but not leisure.  We still have to carry on in the world.  God has promised
heart-rest and comfort, but not leisure in the ordinary sense.  Peace and
comfort bring real inward happiness.

I pray that I may keep my feet on the way.  I pray that I may stay on God's
side.

Sheila requests prayers for a friend who is having surgery Thursday for the
removal of a tumor from near the pituitary. Bill asks for prayers of
thanksgiving for prayer intentions answered. Helen-Ann asks God for a
husband and finances to pay urgent bills this week.

JP asks for prayers for a friend [and her family] who's husband was killed
in an auto accident. Anna requests prayers for her brother, whose cancer has
spread, that though the Divine Physician, he be healed of all cancers. Susan
prays for her sister to find a fulfilling job before the school year begins.

Natasha prays for her friend and boyfriend to be reunited and come together
in matrimony, and for her friend to experience peace during this difficult
time. Frieda asks prayers for a special intention.  A member requests
prayers for family members who are suffering ill health, for their healing.

Marie asks prayers that her son will be successful in finding a job. A
member asks prayers for someone who had a knee replacement. Bridget asks
prayer for the repose of her dear friend who just died after a battle with
lung cancer.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.