<MP>Wednesday, 09 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:37:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus straightened up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one
condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, sir.'   And Jesus said, 'Neither do I
condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.'" ~John 8:10-11

We can ask God in daily prayer to give us the strength to change. When we
ask God to change us, we can at the same time fully trust God. If we do not
fully trust God, God cannot help until we are a ready. A rescuer finds it
difficult to help a drowning person who is putting up too much of a
struggle.  The person's futile efforts render them more helpless, until he
or she is wholly at the rescuer's mercy.  Just so must we be wholly at God's
mercy before we can be rescued.

I pray that I may be daily willing to be changed.  I pray that I may put
myself wholly at the mercy of God.

Peter, a member from New York requests, prayer for his 48-year-old son who
has been in depression for one year and needs the strength and courage to
come out of depression and begin to act rationally. Sharon asks for prayers
for a family member who is experiencing financial difficulties, which has
caused her serious health issues. Ursula asks help for someone having a lung
transplant.

John asks prayers for a friend's mother who is dying of pancreatic cancer.
Nancy from PA requests prayers for her husband who will undergo testing for
prostate cancer that the tests will be benign. Tom asks prayers for sale of
a house and for a new position. Mary Lou asks prayers for several
intentions. Nancy requests prayers for her friend who is pregnant and in
danger of a premature deliver.

A mom/friend asks prayers for several intentions. A member asks prayers for
a friend's brother who was badly injured by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
Marilynn request prayers for her mother's recovery from surgery without
further complications.