<MP>Thursday, 04 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:35:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Charles Lwanga and Companions (d. 1886)
One of 22 Ugandan martyrs, Charles Lwanga is the patron of youth and
Catholic action in most of tropical Africa. He protected his fellow pages
(aged 13 to 30) from the homosexual demands of the Bagandan ruler, Mwanga,
and encouraged and instructed them in the Catholic faith during their
imprisonment for refusing the ruler's demands. For his own unwillingness to
submit to the immoral acts and his efforts to safeguard the faith of his
friends, Charles was burned to death at Namugongo on June 3, 1886, by
Mwanga's order.  For more, follow the link below:

Now, Lord, you know that I take this wife of mine not because of lust, but
for a noble purpose. Call down your mercy on me and on her, and allow us to
live together to a happy old age." They said together, "Amen, amen," and
went to bed for the night. ~Tobit 6:10-11; 7:1bcde, 9-17; 8:4-9a

Jesus replied, "The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord
alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your
soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this:
You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment
greater than these." ~Mark 12:28-34

Sometimes we might feel that we could be pretty much perfect if we could
stay in Church all day.  The trouble happens when we go home.  The question
in the Gospel today was mean to elicit the first part of the response.  The
first commandment is" "The Lord our God is Lord alone!  You shall love the
Lord your God with all your heart ... "  But Jesus, unbidden, goes on to say
that the second is this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  So,
our job continues when we go home.  We are to use the strength of the
Eucharist to love our neighbor as ourself.

I pray that I may love God above all things.  I pray that my love for God
may be demonstrated in the love I show toward my neighbor.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Irene asks prayers for a special intention. A Mother asks prayer for her
daughter  who has glaucoma in both eyes, that the pressure will go down and
stay down. Don asks prayers for his wife, son and daughter who have Mental,
Addiction and Physical problems. Dolly asks prayers for her friend and
herself to find the best solution to solve their  financial problems.

Kris asks prayers for her husband's doctors who will administer radiation to
her husband's brain. Jo Ann asks prayers for her mother who fell and was
recovering from her injuries and fell again and broke her ankle. A Mother
requesting prayers for her son and family who are having financial problems.

Mary asks for prayers that she is successful in seeking employment. Sharon
requests prayers of thanksgiving for her son who made it home from Iraq just
in time to see the birth of his son. Barbara asks prayers for a special
intention. A member requests prayers for her sister who has developed a
serious infection on the wound after delivering a baby through caesarean
section.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Joyce asks prayers for several
intentions. Lynn asks prayers for her brother that he will heal quickly and
with no complications after his recent surgery.