<MP>Friday, 05 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:21:23 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Boniface (672?-754)
Boniface, known as the apostle of the Germans, was an English Benedictine
monk who gave up being elected abbot to devote his life to the conversion of
the Germanic tribes. Two characteristics stand out: his Christian orthodoxy
and his fidelity to the pope of Rome. How absolutely necessary this
orthodoxy and fidelity were is borne out by the conditions he found on his
first missionary journey in 719 at the request of Pope Gregory II. Paganism
was a way of life. What Christianity he did find had either lapsed into
paganism or was mixed with error. The clergy were mainly responsible for
these latter conditions since they were in many instances uneducated, lax
and questionably obedient to their bishops. In particular instances their
very ordination was questionable.  For more, follow the link below:

Tobit and Anna rejoiced and went out to the gate of Nineveh to meet their
daughter-in-law. ~Tobit 11:5-17

As Jesus was teaching in the temple area he said, "How do the scribes claim
that the Christ is the son of David?
David himself, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said: The Lord said to my lord,
'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies under your feet.' ~Mark
12:35-37

God's time is not our time.  God's ways are different than our own.  We can
live peacefully with the mysteries around us and look forward to the time
when they are cleared up, when we see God face to face.

I pray that I may accept the mysteries of my faith without completely
understanding them.  I pray that I may look forward to the time when these
truths are revealed to me, when I see God face to face.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member asks for prayers for a friend who has terminal cancer that she may be
strong, not lose faith and die a peaceful death. Marg asks prayers for a
special intention. Member Joe will be having a biopsy of a mass behind left
shoulder blade next Tuesday - praying for it to be benign.

Lee asks for prayers for two friends, one in the hospital following a fall,
and one suffering depression. Susanne requests prayers for her family and
for a good paying job now for her husband.