<MP>Wednesday, 03 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:58:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John XXIII (1881-1963)
Although few people had as great an impact on the 20th century as Pope John
XXIII, he avoided the limelight as much as possible. Indeed, one writer has
noted that his "ordinariness" seems one of his most remarkable qualities.
The firstborn son of a farming family in Sotto il Monte, near Bergamo in
northern Italy, Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli was always proud of his
down-to-earth roots. In Bergamo's diocesan seminary, he joined the Secular
Franciscan Order.  For more, follow the link below:

As for the dead being raised, have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the
passage about the bush, how God told him,
I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not
God of the dead but of the living. You are greatly misled." ~Mark 12:18-27

There are things we simply cannot understand in the world we live in.  We
can try as hard as we can, and there are still mysteries.  We continue to
live as God's children.  We know that someday, when we see the Lord face to
face, we will understand.

I pray that I may always have confidence in God.  I pray that I may never
forget God's love for me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

JP asks prayers for family friends whose son/brother, his wife and 15 year
old son were killed and two other children injured in a car accident
Saturday May 30. Shirley requests prayers for sister-in-law who has cancer
for the third time. Mary is thankful for everyone's prayers that helped a
dear friend through her brain surgery.

Sally asks prayers for a special intention. Faye asks prayers for a special
intention. Larry asks prayers for his wife's health improvement. Edna asks
prayers for someone, so he passes his exam on 6/6. Jeanne, a single mom who
lost her job 7 weeks ago, will find a job soon to support her two boys.

Joyce asks prayers for a special intention. Renee requests prayers that she
finds employment. Marilynn requests prayers for a friend's 18 year old son
who was recently killed in a car accident. Bettye asks prayers that the pain
in her mouth and neck is nothing serious and that God will heal it.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her best friend who is hospitalized
because of a sudden onset of numbness in her legs which has ascended to her
midsection and cannot walk because she is paralyzed; she will require weeks
and maybe months of intensive physical therapy before she is better.

Debbie asks prayers of thanksgiving for her daughter and boyfriend who were
in a roll-over car accident. Nigel requests prayers for his neighbour as she
has been diagnosed with cancer once again. Nancy requests healing prayers
for a young woman who is having cancer surgery this week. Please pray for
two friends both of whom have problems at work, money worries and often get
overwhelmed that they might awareness of  Gods presence and draw strength
from this.

Brian asks prayer support for his friend who had several stents and other
work done on his arteries, he is having chest pains and has passed out
recently and is very afraid, his wife who is also unable to care for herself
and needs God's Intervention. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention.