<MP>Thursday, 03 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:59:55 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

G O I N G    T O    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  If you'd like to have your
intentions remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many
Churches of Mexico City, just follow the link from my Web Site to submit
your intentions:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Most Holy Name of Jesus
In a world of fiercely guarded corporate names and logos, it should be easy
to understand this feast. The letters IHS are an abbreviation of Jesous, the
Greek name for Jesus.  For more, follow the link below:

Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been
revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we
shall see him as he is.  ~1 John 2:29-3:6

John testified further, saying, "I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from
the sky and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to
baptize with water told me, 'On whomever you see the Spirit come down and
remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' Now I have
seen and testified that he is the Son of God."   ~John 1:29-34

We can reverence the Holy Name of Jesus, Son of God.  We can call upon Jesus
for the help we need in living a good life.  We can make use of the gifts we