<MP>Friday, 04 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:05:36 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

G O I N G    T O    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  If you'd like to have your
intentions remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many
Churches of Mexico City, just follow the link from my Web Site to submit
your intentions:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (1774-1821)
Mother Seton is one of the keystones of the American Catholic Church. She
founded the first American religious community for women, the Sisters of
Charity. She opened the first American parish school and established the
first American Catholic orphanage. All this she did in the span of 46 years
while raising her five children. For more, click the link below:

In this way, the children of God and the children of the Devil are made
plain; no one who fails to act in righteousness belongs to God, nor anyone
who does not love his brother. ~1 John 3:7-10

They said to him, "Rabbi" (which translated means Teacher), "where are you
staying?" He said to them, "Come, and you will see." So they went and saw
where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day.  ~John 1:35-42

We can remember that those who act with righteousness are righteous people.
We can choose our friends and confidantes wisely.  We can heed Jesus' call
too, to "come and see," and establish even a stronger relationship with Him.

I pray that I may choose my friends and confidantes wisely.  I pray that I
may follow the call to "come and see" by following the example of those who
strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jean asks prayers for a special intention. Mom asks prayers for special
intention for Daughter for what ever it is she is needing and that she will
stop lying to her family. Dan asks prayers for her mother-in-law who is
recovering from a stroke. Kathy asks prayers for her daughter who constantly
struggles with friendship issues at school and worries all the time about
life and death.

Nancy in MI ask prayers for families who have lost loved ones this holiday
season, especially those who have lost children to illnesses. Dora asks
prayers for daughter who will be having knee replacement surgery. Joyce asks
prayer for someone having Chemo.