<MP>Saturday, 05 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:47:43 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

G O I N G    T O    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  If you'd like to have your
intentions remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many
Churches of Mexico City, just follow the link from my Web Site to submit
your intentions:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Neumann (1811-1860)
John Neumann was born in what is now the Czech Republic. After studying in
Prague, he came to New York at 25 and was ordained a priest. He did
missionary work in New York until he was 29, when he joined the
Redemptorists and became its first member to profess vows in the United
States. He continued missionary work in Maryland, Virginia and Ohio, where
he became popular with the Germans.  For more, follow the link below:

If someone who has worldly means sees a brother in need and refuses him
compassion, how can the love of God remain in him? Children, let us love not
in word or speech but in deed and truth.  1 John 3:11-21

Jesus decided to go to Galilee, and he found Philip.
And Jesus said to him, "Follow me."  ~John 1:43-51

Jesus calls us to follow Him.  We follow Him whenever we love those around
us.  We are called to love others not just with words or speech, but in deed
and truth.

I pray that I may heed Jesus' call to follow Him.  I pray that I may show my
love of God by loving those around me with deeds and truth.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kathrin asks more prayers for Kathy's daughter from yesterday's intentions.
Joy asks prayers for several intentions. Joyce asks prayers for her daughter
who is having Chemo.

Mary asks prayers for the safety of all Christians, especially missionaries
who are in grave danger in Kenya. John asks for prayers for his nephew who
suffers heart problems related to Marfan's Syndrome. Lee asks for prayers
for her sister that her health issues may be resolved.

Fr. Pat asks prayers for his sister who will have back surgery on Monday.
Don asks prayers for his family who have physical, mental and addiction
problems. Diana is requesting prayers for her aunt who is dying in the ICU
from terminal lung cancer.

A member requests prayers for strength, courage, wisdom and serenity in the
New Year during her recovery and to realize it's okay to disengage from her
dysfunctional family who hide behind their religion (meaning they are all
good, however abusive), are judgmental, and are people of the lie.

Geneva asks prayers for her granddaughter who needs medical help. Patricia
asks prayers for financial blessing to meet all outstanding financial
obligations.