<MP>Wednesday 02 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:41:23 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

G O I N G    T O    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  If you'd like to have your
intentions remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many
Churches of Mexico City, just follow the link from my Web Site to submit
your intentions:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Basil the Great (329-379)
Basil was on his way to becoming a famous teacher when he decided to begin a
religious life of gospel poverty. After studying various modes of religious
life, he founded what was probably the first monastery in Asia Minor. He is
to monks of the East what St. Benedict is to the West, and his principles
influence Eastern monasticism today.  For more, click the link below:

Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard from
the beginning remains in you, then you will remain in the Son and in the
Father. And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life.  ~1 John
1:22-28

John answered them, "I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom
you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I
am not worthy to untie."  ~John 1:22-28

We can hear many voices around us, many of them discounting faith and
presenting values contrary to the Gospel. We can listen to the voice of God
through all of this.  We can heed the call of John the Baptist and "make
straight the way of the Lord."

I pray that I may follow the light of Christ through the darkness the world
puts before me.  I pray that I may maintain the close tie with Jesus that
will keep me on the right path.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kaye asks prayers for her dear friend who was diagnosed with a brain tumor
on Christmas day, operated the day after and is awaiting results on final
pathology to see if the tumor can be eliminated completely. A member asks
prayers for her niece and her husband who are having marriage problems.