<MP>Sunday, 29 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:35:40 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I
Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for a
complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow the
link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Servant of God John of Monte Corvino (1247-1328)
At a time when the Church was heavily embroiled in nationalistic rivalries
within Europe, it was also reaching across Asia to spread the gospel of
Jesus Christ to the Mongols. John of Monte Corvino went to China about the
same time Marco Polo was returning. John was a soldier, judge and doctor
before he became a friar. Prior to going to Tabriz, Persia (present-day
Iran), in 1278, he was well known for his preaching and teaching. In 1291 he
left Tabriz as a legate of Pope Nicholas IV to the court of Kublai Khan. An
Italian merchant, a Dominican friar and John traveled to western India where
the Dominican died. When John and the Italian merchant arrived in China in
1294, Kublai Khan had recently died.
 For more, follow the link below:

I will raise up for David a just shoot; he shall do what is right and just
in the land. In those days Judah shall be safe
and Jerusalem shall dwell secure; this is what they shall call her: "The
LORD our justice." ~Jeremiah 33:14-16

But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads
because your redemption is at hand. ~Luke 21:25-28, 34-36

As we begin the Holy Season of Advent this weekend, we prepare for the
coming of Jesus at Christmas, and His coming at the end of time. We know
that Jesus comes to us as the Prince of Peace, and that there can be no
peace unless there is first justice.  So we work for justice in the world
around us and in our personal relationships as well. We get ready and stay
ready as we pray, "Lord Jesus, come!"

I pray that I may work for peace by helping bring about justice.  I pray
that, when the Lord comes, I may stand erect and raise my head, because my
redemption will be at hand.