<MP>Monday, 30 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:11:41 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Andrew
Andrew was St. Peter?s brother, and was called with him. "As [Jesus] was
walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is now
called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they
were fishermen. He said to them, ?Come after me, and I will make you
fishers of men.? At once they left their nets and followed him" (Matthew
4:18-20). John the Evangelist presents Andrew as a disciple of John the
Baptist. When Jesus walked by one day, John said, "Behold, the Lamb of
God." Andrew and another disciple followed Jesus. "Jesus turned and saw
them following him and said to them, ?What are you looking for?? They said
to him, ?Rabbi? (which translated means Teacher), ?where are you staying??
He said to them, ?Come, and you will see.? So they went and saw where he
was staying, and they stayed with him that day" (John 1:38-39a).
 For more, follow the link below:

     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. James of the Marche (1394-1476)
Meet one of the fathers of the modern pawnshop! James was born in the
Marche of Ancona, in central Italy along the Adriatic Sea. After earning
doctorates in canon and civil law at the University of Perugia, he joined
the Friars Minor and began a very austere life. He fasted nine months of
the year; he slept three hours a night. St. Bernardine of Siena told him
to moderate his penances. For more, follow the link below:

There is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of
all, enriching all who call upon him. For everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved. ~Romans 10:9-18

He said to them, ?Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.?
At once they left their nets and followed him. ~Matthew 4:18-22

God breaks into our lives and calls us.  We can miss that call entirely,
hear it an not respond, or say "Yes" to that call.  In today's Scriptures
Andrew says "Yes" to God's call.  His life is changed, and so is ours. As
we get ready for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and at the end of time
we can be ready for God's call and respond to that call with all our
heart.

I pray that I may be ready to hear God's call and say "Yes" to it.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!