<MP>Saturday, 28 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:28:31 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. James of the Marche (1394-1476)
Meet one of the fathers of the modern pawnshop! James was born in the
Marche of Ancona, in central Italy along the Adriatic Sea. After earning
doctorates in canon and civil law at the University of Perugia, he joined
the Friars Minor and began a very austere life. He fasted nine months of
the year; he slept three hours a night. St. Bernardine of Siena told him
to moderate his penances. For more, follow the link below:

Jesus said to his disciples: ?Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy
from carousing and drunkenness and the anxieties of daily life, and that
day catch you by surprise like a trap. ~Luke 21:34-36

With this Mass the Church year comes to an end. We reflect again on the
end of time and the importance of being awake and alert.  How wonderful we
feel when we go to Reconciliation and reconcile with friends.  God calls
us to reconciliation, to be ready for Him ... and then to stay ready.

I pray that I may get ready for the coming of the Lord.  I pray that I may
stay ready too, so that day doesn't catch my by surprise like a trap.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!