<MP>Sunday, 27 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:38:45 -0600

 .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Dates for the Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Airport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John the Apostle
It is God who calls; human beings answer. The vocation of John and his
brother James is stated very simply in the Gospels, along with that of Peter
and his brother Andrew: Jesus called them; they followed. The absoluteness
of their response is indicated by the account. James and John "were in a
boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. He called them, and
immediately they left their boat and their father and followed him" (Matthew
4:21b-22). For the three former fishermen-Peter, James and John-that faith
was to be rewarded by a special friendship with Jesus. They alone were
privileged to be present at the Transfiguration, the raising of the daughter
of Jairus and the agony in Gethsemane. But John's friendship was even more
special. Tradition assigns to him the Fourth Gospel, although most modern
Scripture scholars think it unlikely that the apostle and the evangelist are
the same person.   For more, follow the link below:

God sets a father in honor over his children; a mother's authority he
confirms over her sons. Whoever honors his father atones for sins, and
preserves himself from them. ~Sirach 3:2-6, 14-16

Brothers and sisters: Put on, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved,
heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing
with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against
another;
as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do. And over all these put on
love, that is, the bond of perfection. ~Colossians 3:12-21

He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and
his mother kept all these things in her heart.
And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and favor. ~Luke 2:41-52

This weekend we celebrate the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. We
recall the love and respect that is necessary to live as a Holy Family ...
and the faith that draws us together and strengthens us. We can rely on God
to bring us through the challenges of family life.  We can seek His strength
too, to help us live loving and compassionate lives, and to give us the
courage to forgive and ask forgiveness when we need it. God has all we need
to help us live together in peace and love as a Holy Family.

I pray that I may live with respect and love and to do all I can to build a
Holy Family around me.  I pray that I may say I'm sorry when I need to and
forgive those who have harmed me.  I pray for the patience to be a good
family member.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!