<MP>Friday, 25 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:23:27 -0600 (CST)

 .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Dates for the Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Christmas Day
On this day the Church focuses especially on the newborn Child, God become
human, who embodies for us all the hope and peace we seek. We need no
other special saint today to lead us to Christ in the manger, although his
mother Mary and Joseph, caring for his foster-Son, help round out the
scene.  But if we were to select a patron for today, perhaps it might be
appropriate for us to imagine an anonymous shepherd, summoned to the
birthplace by a wondrous and even disturbing vision in the night, a
summons from an angelic choir, promising peace and goodwill. A shepherd
willing to seek out something that might just be too unbelievable to chase
after, and yet compelling enough to leave behind the flocks in the field
and search for a mystery. On the day of the Lord?s birth, let?s let an
unnamed, ?un-celebrity? at the edge of the crowd model for us the way to
discover Christ in our own hearts?somewhere between skepticism and wonder,
between mystery and faith. And, like Mary and the shepherds, let us
treasure that discovery in our hearts.  For more, follow the link below:

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who
dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone. ~Isaiah 9:1-6

Today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord. ~Psalm 96

The angel said to them, ?Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you
good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the
city of David a savior has been born for you who is Christ and Lord. And
this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling
clothes and lying in a manger.? ~Luke 2:1-14

It seems like there is so much darkness in the world. How can we sort it
all out.  Values are messed up.  People invest in things that are not
helpful to them or anybody. And, just like 2000 years ago, Jesus bursts
into our lives.  "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great
light." Our Savior is born! We can welcome Him into our own hearts.  We
can allow him to sort out the difficulties of the world and bring light
into the darkness through us. Are we willing to do that.  Will be allow
Him to be born into our hearts?

I pray that I may allow the Savior to be born in my heart.  I pray that I
may allow Him to live in me and that I may work to bring about the
fullness of His Kingdom by being a person dedicated to His light.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!