<MP>Sunday, 21 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:14:12 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A T H E R ' S    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Father's Day Page for great links, some Father's Day pass-alongs,
a Father's Day Blessing and much more.  You can even create a tie for dad!
Just follow the banner link from:

       www.frpat.com

St. Aloysius Gonzaga (1568-1591)
The Lord can make saints anywhere, even amid the brutality and license of
Renaissance life. Florence was the "mother of piety" for Aloysius Gonzaga
despite his exposure to a "society of fraud, dagger, poison and lust." As a
son of a princely family, he grew up in royal courts and army camps. His
father wanted Aloysius to be a military hero.   For more, follow the link
below:

The Lord addressed Job out of the storm and said: Who shut within doors the
sea, when it burst forth from the womb;
when I made the clouds its garment and thick darkness its swaddling bands?
~Job 38:1, 8-11

They woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are
perishing?" He woke up, rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Quiet!  Be
still!" The wind ceased and there was great calm. Then he asked them, "Why
are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?" ~Mark 4:35-41

The disciples of Jesus were terrified by the storm.  When the woke the Lord
they discovered that He was more than someone who could commiserate with
them ... but that he had power over these destructive forces of nature ....
he was God!  In the storms of our lives we need to remember always that
we're not alone, that the Lord is with us. And in the end, it is the Lord
Himself who will welcome us to our true home ... Heaven!

I pray that I may know the presence of the Lord with me always, especially
in the turbulent times of my life.  I pray that I may always, as God says,

Joan asks prayers for her daughters' friend who was recently diagnosed with
breast cancer. Michele prays in thanksgiving for the blessings God has
bestowed on her eldest son who was struggling. Linda, requests prayers for
her pastor who has to let a staff member go this upcoming week, that there
be little fallout with other staff and parishioners.

Fanny  asks prayers for a special intention. Diane, a member requests
prayers for employment for her son-in-law soon. Marilyn asks prayers for a
special intention. Rosemary a member asks prayers for her friend's husband
who was burned badly in  a propane explosion.