<MP>Saturday, 20 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:03:48 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A T H E R ' S    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Father's Day Page for great links, some Father's Day pass-alongs,
a Father's Day Blessing and much more.  You can even create a tie for dad!
Just follow the banner link from:

St. Paulinus of Nola (354?-431)
Anyone who is praised in the letters of six or seven saints undoubtedly must
be of extraordinary character. Such a person was Paulinus of Nola,
correspondent and friend of Augustine, Jerome, Melania, Martin, Gregory and
Ambrose.
Born near Bordeaux, he was the son of the Roman prefect of Gaul, who had
extensive property in both Gaul and Italy. Paulinus became a distinguished
lawyer, holding several public offices in the Roman Empire. With his Spanish
wife, Therasia, he retired at an early age to a life of cultured leisure.
For more, follow the link below:

Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he
said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of
my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. ~2
Corinthians 12:1-10

And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I
must be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what he said to
them. ~Luke 2:41-51

When we feel strong, when things seem to be going well, then we can forget
to depend on God.  We are truly the strongest in every way when we
acknowledge our dependence on God, that the power of Christ may dwell with
us. We don't need to understand, just depend.

I pray that I may face life not alone, but with God.  I pray that I may
never forget to depend on the God who is my constant strength.