<MP>Monday, 22 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:24:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Thomas More (1478-1535)
His belief that no lay ruler has jurisdiction over the Church of Christ cost
Thomas More his life.
Beheaded on Tower Hill, London, July 6, 1535, he steadfastly refused to
approve Henry VIII's divorce and remarriage and establishment of the Church
of England. Described as "a man for all seasons," More was a literary
scholar, eminent lawyer, gentleman, father of four children and chancellor
of England. An intensely spiritual man, he would not support the king's
divorce from Catherine of Aragon in order to marry Anne Boleyn. Nor would he
acknowledge Henry as supreme head of the Church in England, breaking with
Rome and denying the pope as head.   For more, follow the link below:

"I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your
name great, so that you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the
communities of the earth shall find blessing in you." ~Genesis 12:1-9

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For
as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure
will be measured out to you. ~Matthew 7:1-5

How easy it is to pass judgment on others.  The more likely we are to do so,
the more likely it is that we're missing our own faults and flaws as we
focus on those of others.  As Jesus says, "Why do you notice the splinter in
your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?" We
can focus on ourselves and work on our own failures.  Then we'll have less
energy to judge others ... and more to set a good example for them to
follow.

I pray that I may not pass judgment on others.  I pray that I may see and
work on my own flaws, and that my work and conversion might be an
inspiration to others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rose asks prayers for her father who has been having a health issue, that it
is not  serious. Melva requests prayers for a four year old girl who was
killed in an accident on Saturday night, and for her grieving family and
those who caused the accident, that all will find some sort of comfort and
peace in this sorrowful time.

Frieda asks prayers in thanksgiving for their son, that he found temporary
work. A member requests prayers for her daughter and husband who will be
traveling today. Nancy requests prayers for God's guidance and Grace for a
widowed friend who needs a job.