<MP>Tuesday, 23 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:11:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Fisher (1469-1535)
John Fisher is usually associated with Erasmus, Thomas More and other
Renaissance humanists. His life, therefore, did not have the external
simplicity found in the lives of some saints. Rather, he was a man of
learning, associated with the intellectuals and political leaders of his
day. He was interested in the contemporary culture and eventually became
chancellor at Cambridge. He had been made a bishop at 35, and one of his
interests was raising the standard of preaching in England. Fisher himself
was an accomplished preacher and writer. His sermons on the penitential
psalms were reprinted seven times before his death. With the coming of
Lutheranism, he was drawn into controversy. His eight books against heresy
gave him a leading position among European theologians.   For more, follow
the link below:

After Lot had left, the LORD said to Abram: "Look about you, and from where
you are, gaze to the north and south, east and west; all the land that you
see I will give to you and your descendants forever. ~Genesis 13:2, 15-18

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the Law and
the Prophets. ~Matthew 7:12-14

God continues to provide for us, His people. He calls us to faithfulness as
well.  What common sense it is to: "Do to others whatever you would have
them do to you."  How true that this sums up the Law and the Prophets

I pray that I may be grateful for God's providence.  I pray that I may do to
others what I would have them do to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Donna asks prayers for her father-in-law, that he may make good decisions on
how to treat his prostate cancer that has now spread to his bones and lymph
nodes. Shannon requests prayers for her aunt who suddenly fell seriously ill
and is in drug-induced coma. Kris asks prayers for her husband and doctors
who will be making medical decisions on his cancer treatments.

Alphones requests prayers for her twin sons to get through in their BE and
B.Com examinations. Nancy from PA requests prayers that her son-in-law and
his father may reconcile themselves to one another from an underlying
emotional estrangement even though they live next door to one another.