<MP>Sunday, 20 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:32:19 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

If you live near Beloit, Wisconsin: An informational meeting on the Holy
Land will be held by Sister Joselda Kuhle at St. Jude Parish Center on
Thursday, May 24 at 7:00 pm.  St. Jude is located on 737 Hackett Street,
Beloit, WI  53511

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work
of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."
~1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Without God, no real victory is ever won.  All the military victories of
great conquerors have passed into history.  The world might be better off
without military conquerors.  The real victories are won in the spiritual
realm.  "He that conquers himself is greater than he who conquers a city."
The real victories are victories over sin and temptation, leading to a
victorious and abundant life.  Therefore, we can keep a brave and trusting
heart.  We can face all our difficulties in the spirit of conquest. We can
remember that where God is, there is the true victory.

I pray that the forces of evil in my life will flee before God's presence. I
pray that with God I will win the real victory over myself.

Amy asks for prayers for my dear friend whose son and grandson went back to
Iraq. Francis asks prayers for a special intention. Anna asks for prayers of
thanksgiving for her husband's latest MRI show his brain cancer is still in
remission for 4 years.

Cherie requesting prayers for her daughters that are going to state for
acrobatics, that they have a wonderful performance. Member Shannon requests
prayers for five intentions. Peter says, "Praise be to God," as his son,
Michael, has found sobriety. Robin asks prayers for a special intention.

George asks prayers for his parish priest who is recovering from an ecoli
infection. Susanne and Michael asks prayers as they look to adopt a foster
child. Kay requests prayers for her mother-in-law who has dementia and is
failing rapidly, that she has peace. Pavitra asks prayers of thanksgiving
for finding a new job.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.