<MP>Monday, 21 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:00:53 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

If you live near Beloit, Wisconsin: An informational meeting on the Holy
Land will be held by Sister Joselda Kuhle at St. Jude Parish Center on
Thursday, May 24 at 7:00 pm.  St. Jude is located on 737 Hackett Street,
Beloit, WI  53511

     From Father Pat Umberger

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore
we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake
in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the
mountains tremble with its tumult."  ~Psalm 46:1-3

We can constantly claim God's strength.  Once convinced of the right of a
course of action, once reasonably sure of God's guidance, we can claim that
strength.  We can claim all the strength we need to meet any situation. We
can claim a new supply when our own supply is exhausted.  We have a right to
claim it and we can use this right.  A beggar supplicates, a son
appropriates.  When we supplicate, we can be kept waiting, but when we
appropriate God's strength in a good cause, we can have it at once.

I pray that I may claim God's strength whenever I need it.  I pray that I
may try to live as a child of God.

Pat asks prayers and deliverance for married daughter who is being abused by
her husband. Nancy from NJ prays for peace in her family. Gerry asks prayers
for a grandson who has serious health problems. Chet asks prayers for his
friend who is in grave trouble.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,