<MP>Saturday, 19 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:53:09 -0500

PENTECOST NOVENA BEGINS TODAY!
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 18th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Ascension Thursday is transferred
to the next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

This just in ... Sister Joselda will be holding a similar meeting at her
Parish, Saint Jude in Beloit, WI on 24 May.  I'll include time and place in
tomorrow's Morning Prayer!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet
upon a rock, making my steps secure."  ~Psalm 40:2

"He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet
upon a rock, making my steps secure."  The first part, "He brought me up out
of a horrible pit," means that by turning to God and putting my problems in
God's hands, I am able to overcome my sins and temptations. "He set my feet
upon a rock" means that when I trust God in all things, I have true
security."  He makes my steps secure," means that if I honestly try to live
the way God wants me to live, I will have God's guidance in my daily living.

I pray that my feet may be set upon a rock.  I pray that I may rely on God
to guide my comings and goings.

Gen asks prayers for a special intention. J asks for us to pray for his
former coworker who lost his job. A member requests prayers that her faith
be strengthened so that she will look to Jesus for her strength and not to
herself.

Janice asks prayers for her sister who is having heart surgery. Bettye asks
prayers for good health and safe travel. Tom who is asking for prayers he be
offered the position he interviewed a second time for recently.