<MP>Sunday, 19 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:44:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S    D E A C O N    G R E G

Greg Bohren was Ordained a Deacon here at Saint Patrick's Parish tonight.
Greg was our Summer Intern, did his formal Internship here and lived here
for his CPE experience at Franciscan Skemp Medical Center this past Summer.
We're very proud of him.  Keep him in your prayers this year.  God willing,
he and five other Deacons will be ordained to the Priesthood this coming
June!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008

   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Isaac Jogues, John de Brébeuf and Companions
Isaac Jogues (1607-1646): Isaac Jogues and his companions were the first
martyrs of the North American continent officially recognized by the Church.
As a young Jesuit, Isaac Jogues, a man of learning and culture, taught
literature in France. He gave up that career to work among the Huron Indians
in the New World, and in 1636 he and his companions, under the leadership of
John de Brébeuf, arrived in Quebec. The Hurons were constantly warred upon
by the Iroquois, and in a few years Father Jogues was captured by the
Iroquois and imprisoned for 13 months. His letters and journals tell how he
and his companions were led from village to village, how they were beaten,
tortured and forced to watch as their Huron converts were mangled and
killed.   For more, follow the link below:

I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me. It is I who
arm you, though you know me not, so that toward the rising and the setting
of the sun people may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD,
there is no other. ~Isaiah 45:1, 4-6

At that he said to them, "Then repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to
God what belongs to God." ~Matthew 22:15-21

God is God, the He is the Lord and there is no other. I can resist those who
seek to discredit God, His Church and its leadership. I can use the Lord's
strength to give Him glory.  I can always give what belongs to God to God.

I pray that I may never forget that God is God, the He is the Lord and there
is no other. I pray that I may use the Lord's strength to give Him glory.  I
pray that I may help to build up the body of Christ, the Church. I pray that
I may always give what beings to God to God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Luvina urgently requests prayers for her grandson who has a rebellious
attitude and is on the brink of throwing away a good chance to get a college
education. Irene asks for blessings and protection for her family and
friends.