<MP>Saturday, 18 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:26:31 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008

   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Luke, Evangelist
Luke wrote one of the major portions of the New Testament, a two-volume work
comprising the third Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles. In the two books
he shows the parallel between the life of Christ and that of the Church. He
is the only Gentile Christian among the Gospel writers. Tradition holds him
to be a native of Antioch, and Paul calls him "our beloved physician"
(Colossians 4:14). His Gospel was probably written between A.D. 70 and 85.
For more, follow the link below:

But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the
proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it. ~2
Timothy 4:10-17b

Whatever town you enter and they welcome you, eat what is set before you,
cure the sick in it and say to them, 'The Kingdom of God is at hand for
you.'"  ~Luke 10:1-9

Today we celebrate the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist. As a Gentile
Christian, Luke emphasizes the Lord's mercy and patience, and willingness to
reach out to Gentiles ... to Samaritans ... to everyone.  The Holy Spirit
reveals that the Lord has opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. Luke and
the others went from town to town bringing this good news, and announcing
that the kingdom of God is at hand!

I pray that I may know the Lord and His patience and mercy toward me. I pray
that I may be a living example of the Lord's mercy and patience.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation during the upcoming
election that we will elect a candidate that does not endorse abortion.
Rosemary asks for prayers for herself, diagnosed with thyroid cancer,
surgery is Nov 12. Rosemary asks for healing prayers for a salon client who
has terminal cancer.