<MP>Monday, 20 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:51:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008
   Brochure: www.frpat.com

St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin (1888-1922)
If anyone knew rejection, ridicule and disappointment, it was today's saint.
But such trials only brought Maria Bertilla Boscardin closer to God and more
determined to serve him. Born in Italy in 1888, the young girl lived in fear
of her father, a violent man prone to jealousy and drunkenness. Her
schooling was limited so that she could spend more time helping at home and
working in the fields. She showed few talents and was often the butt of
jokes.   For more, follow the link below:

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it
is the gift of God; it is not from works, so no one may boast. ~Ephesians
2:1-10

Then he said to the crowd, "Take care to guard against all greed, for though
one may be rich, one's life does not consist of possessions." ~Luke 12:13-21

The more we value possessions that less happy we are.  We find it difficult
to form close relationships with God or with others since our focus is
really on ourselves. But God offers us His grace.  It is His gift to us, and
is sent to save us. There is always a way out of our selfishness and greed.
God provides that way!

I pray that I may seek things that last forever.  When I am caught up in
selfishness and greed, may I accept God's gift of grace that I may be saved
and brought back to the kind of life God intends for me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lynn asks prayers for two special intentions. Gen asks prayers for her
sister who is frail and must be cared for by her son who also needs prayers.
Claudia asks prayers for successful treatment after being diagnosed with
breast cancer. Karen asks prayers for her brother who needs reliable
transportation in order to keep his job and his home.

Maggie asks for prayers for her friend who is in ICU with a severe cystic
fibrosis attack. A member, who has a son suffering from a severe depression,
asks for prayers so he can work through it and not have to quit college.
Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation during the upcoming
election that we will elect a candidate that does not endorse abortion.

Frank asks prayers for a special intention. Judy asked prayer for her
daughter and son-in-law for the death of his father who just passed away on
Friday. A Maine member requests prayers for religious vocations needed at
this time.