<MP>Sunday, 17 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:13:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only TWELVE seats remain.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** All but FOUR seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Joan of the Cross (1666-1736)
An encounter with a shabby old woman many dismissed as insane prompted St.
Joan to dedicate her life to the poor. For Joan, who had a reputation as a
businesswoman intent on monetary success, this was a significant conversion.
Born in 1666 in Anjou, France, Joan worked in the family business-a small
shop near a religious shrine-from an early age. After her parents' death she
took over the shop herself. She quickly became known for her greediness and
insensitivity to the beggars who often came seeking help.  For more, follow
the link below:

Thus says the LORD: Observe what is right, do what is just; for my salvation
is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed. ~Isaiah 56:1, 6-7

Then Jesus said to her in reply, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be
done for you as you wish." And the woman's daughter was healed from that
hour.  ~Matthew 15:21-28

Sometimes it is difficult for us to appreciate the faith of those around us
we see as different from ourselves. In our Gospel Jesus is struck by the
faith and persistence of the Caananite woman. She says, "Even the dogs eat
the scraps that fall from the table of their masters." Her great faith
touches Jesus and her daughter is healed.

I pray that I may see as God does, and not pre-judge by outward appearance
or what I have heard about a person or a group of people.  I pray that I may
have faith too, and that I may believe in the Lord's help and healing.