<MP>Sunday, 16 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:43:22 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Click the link below:

Strengthen the hands that are feeble, make firm the knees that are weak, say
to those whose hearts are frightened:
Be strong, fear not!  ~Isaiah 35:1-6a, 10

You too must be patient. Make your hearts firm, because the coming of the
Lord is at hand. Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another,
that you may not be judged.  ~Jas 5:7-10

Today's Scriptures are full of hope.  God looks out for those of us with
feeble hands and weak knees.  He sees our interior strength and sends his
Son to be "God with us!"  He calls us to be patient and helpful to those
around us until the coming of his Son at Christmas, and at the end of time.

I pray that I may appreciate how much God loves me.  I pray that I may see
that my strength comes from within me, and that God calls me to help bring
about His justice and peace.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rosa asks prayers for her son who will have hernia surgery on December 19th.
Val who suffered a miscarriage at 23 weeks pregnancy last years asks prayers
for herself & her husband so that this time she has a successful pregnancy.
Miriam requests prayers for her nephew-in-law who has a brain aneurysm.

Rose asks prayers of thanksgiving that her father continues to be in
remission from colon cancer. Karen asks prayers that she and her husband
will get home safely and with few complications considering the weather
situation. Debbie asks for prayers for a friend who is being treated
unfairly at work.

Beverly asks for prayers that she may continue in her recovery from severe
anxiety and depression. Nancy from PA requests prayers for a good friend's
41-year-old nephew who is in end stage colon cancer that he may be comforted
in his final hours with the love of family and friends and look forward to
life eternal. Lisa asks prayers for her father who has a totally blocked
carotid artery that the doctors can fix it.

Karla asks prayers for her husband who needs his 6th eye surgery, that the
surgery is successful and we are lead to a qualified surgeon and that
insurance covers the majority of it. Tim asks for prayers for a special
intention. A member asks for prayers that her husband regain his faith and
hope and decide not to end their marriage.

Member asks prayers for healing of cheating husband to return to God, the
Church and their marriage. JP asks prayers for his wife who is recovering
from surgery to remove infected bones from her toes due to complications
from diabetes. Mom asks for prayers of thanks for her son who had a 4 bi
pass after 2 heart attacks and many problems.