<MP>Friday, 14 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:42:05 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of the Cross (1541-1591)
John is a saint because his life was a heroic effort to live up to his name:
"of the Cross." The folly of the cross came to full realization in time.
"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and
follow me" (Mark 8:34b) is the story of John's life. The Paschal
Mystery-through death to life-strongly marks John as reformer, mystic-poet
and theologian-priest.  For more, click the link below:

If you would hearken to my commandments, your prosperity would be like a
river, and your vindication like the waves of the sea; Your descendants
would be like the sand, and those born of your stock like its grains, Their
name never cut off
or blotted out from my presence.  ~Isaiah 48:17-19

Jesus said to the crowds: "To what shall I compare this generation? It is
like children who sit in marketplaces and call to one another, 'We played
the flute for you, but you did not dance, we sang a dirge but you did not
mourn.'   ~Matthew 11:16-19

In today's Gospel Jesus accuses the crowds of just taunting and teasing,
when there are much more valuable and serious things to be accomplished.  As
Isaiah says, If you would follow my commandments your prosperity would be
like a river. We're given this Holy season to put aside foolish things and
embrace the Lord, knowing that Jesus is the fulfillment of Isaiah's hopes.
We prepare for His coming!

I pray that I may put aside foolishness and devote myself to preparing for
the coming of the Lord.  I pray that I may anticipate the fullness and
happiness that Jesus would like to bring to my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kevin asks prayers for the children of God who have cancer, that God may
comfort them and their parents and end this terrible disease. Kathy asks for
prayers for her friend who recently lost his 11 year old son to an
accidental death and is questioning his life. A member requests prayers for
reconciliation of a special relationship with a coworker.

Mary Jane asks prayers for a special intention. Dora asks prayers for a
special intention. Sue asks for prayers for her dad who has just been found
to have an aortic aneurysm and kidney problems.

Margaret asks prayers for successful treatment of eye bleeding on 12/14 and
successful hand surgery on 12/18. Paul asks prayers for a special intention.
Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Sonia asks prayers for a
special intention. Cynthia asks prayers for a special intention. A member
from Nigeria asks prayers for a special intention.