<MP>Sunday, 11 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:29:01 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Angela Truszkowska (1825-1899)

Today we honor a woman who submitted to God's will throughout her life-a
life filled with pain and suffering.
Born in 1825 in central Poland and baptized Sophia, she contracted
tuberculosis as a young girl. The forced period of convalescence gave her
ample time for reflection. Sophia felt called to serve God by working with
the poor, including street children and the elderly homeless in Warsaw's
slums. In time, her cousin joined her in the work. For more, follow the link
below:

Beyond health and comeliness I loved her, and I chose to have her rather
than the light, because the splendor of her never yields to sleep. Yet all
good things together came to me in her company, and countless riches at her
hands.  ~Wisdom 7:7-11

Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him, "You are lacking in one
thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor and you will have
treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." At that statement his face fell,
and he went away sad, for he had many possessions. ~Matthew 10:17-30

How good it is for us to love and cherish wisdom.  And even better when we
put it to good use.  It is so easy for us to forget the important things in
life when we become distracted by possessions.  We don't want to be like the
man whose face fell as he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

I pray that I may have God's wisdom. I pray that I may follow God with all
my heart and not be distracted by the things of this world.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen-Ann To find lost passports to enable my family to travel overseas as
God wills. Domenic asks prayers for a special intention. Kathy asks prayers
for a special intention. Mercedes asks prayers for a special intention.

Kristin asks prayers for a special intention. Nan requests prayers for a
very special intention. Tom asks prayers for a special intention.  Nancy
asks God's blessing on her cousin who is struggling with faith and family
issues after the death of her daughter.

A member in Ohio requests prayers for a member of his family who is having
surgery October 9, for a successful outcome and recovery afterward. Brian
requests  prayer for friends who have nowhere to live and face living
outdoors, that The Good Lord might bless them with what they need. Jean asks
for prayers for her son-in-law who lost his job.