<MP>Friday, 09 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 21:39:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Denis and Companions (d. 258?)
This martyr and patron of France is regarded as the first bishop of Paris.
His popularity is due to a series of legends, especially those connecting
him with the great abbey church of St. Denis in Paris. He was for a time
confused with the writer now called Pseudo-Dionysius. The best hypothesis
contends that Denis was sent to Gaul from Rome in the third century and
beheaded in the persecution under Valerius in 258. According to one of the
legends, after he was martyred on Montmartre (literally, "mountain of
martyrs") in Paris, he carried his head to a village northeast of the city.
St. Genevieve built a basilica over his tomb at the beginning of the sixth
century.  For more, follow the link below:

When Jesus had driven out a demon, some of the crowd said: "By the power of
Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he drives out demons." Others, to test him,
asked him for a sign from heaven. But he knew their thoughts and said to
them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste and house
will fall against house. And if Satan is divided against himself, how will
his kingdom stand? ~Luke 11:15-26

God has all power.  Even demons crumble at the power of Jesus. And even
though those who were evil leveled accusations, Jesus shows them how
ludicrous their reasoning is.  And He continues with power to do the Father
work in the world.

I pray that I may never forget that God is all powerful.  I pray that I may
not fall to the faulty reasoning of evil ones, but trust in God's power and
the fact that Jesus always does the Father's will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Neil requests prayers for his wife who is showing early signs of Alzheimer's
Disease. Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his
family. Dorothy asks prayers for her son and daughter in law to find new
jobs.

Jill asks prayers to help her get more hours at work and other multiple
struggles and to keep her unborn baby healthy. Gary asks prayers for a
special intention. Barbara requests prayers for her father who is
hospitalized and having complications.

Joyce asks prayers for a special intention. Susie asks for prayers for her
sister and brother-in-law for new hope in light of a seemingly impossible
situation due to a job loss.