<MP>Monday, 12 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:54:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Seraphin of Montegranaro (1540-1604)
Born into a poor Italian family, young Seraphin lived the life of a shepherd
and spent much of his time in prayer. Mistreated for a time by his older
brother after the two of them had been orphaned, Seraphin became a Capuchin
Franciscan at age 16 and impressed everyone with his humility and
generosity. Serving as a lay brother, Seraphin imitated St. Francis in
fasting, clothing and courtesy to all. He even mirrored Francis' missionary
zeal, but Seraphin's superiors did not judge him to be a candidate for the
missions. Faithful to the core, Seraphin spent three hours in prayer before
the Blessed Sacrament daily. The poor who begged at the friary door came to
hold a special love for him. Despite his uneventful life, he reached
impressive spiritual heights and has had miracles attributed to him.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
~Romans 1:1-7

At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation and
condemn it, because at the preaching of Jonah they repented, and there is
something greater than Jonah here." ~Luke 11:29-32

There is evil in our generation, that's for sure.  The secret for us is to
reject the evil and embrace what is good.  And when we fail, to ask
forgiveness and start again.  Jesus is certainly greater than Jonah, and He
calls us to continued repentance our whole life long.

I pray that I may embrace good and reject evil. I pray that I may be willing
to turn from my sin and back to God always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rosemarie asks prayers for a special intention. Mother asks prayers for
daughter who lost her job, that she will keep her eyes on Jesus, and that He
will guide her to  the right job. Tina asks prayers for her husband and
family, for God's guidance and help in a difficult situation.